We Manage All Of Our East Bay Properties Using These Six Steps
1 EVALUATE REHAB NEEDED
We will visit your home at no obligation and give you an expert opinion on what, if any, rehab needs to happen prior to a new tenant moving in. We’ll evaluate yards, floors, kitchen, baths, lighting and paint. EBPM can oversee the needed rehab for a small fee. You can choose to use your own vendors or work with ours.
2 SETTING THE OPTIMUM PRICE
We start with a rental analysis that identifies the 10 most similar properties for rent in your neighborhood. This well give us a fair market rent “range”. That amount can move up or down slightly depending on your home’s condition, amenities and whether a small pet is negotiable. We always recommend pricing the home 3-5% below fair market value because the high quality tenants we’re seeking deserve a slight break for their good standing. In addition they’ll stay longer and need less maintenance.
3 AGGRESSIVE ADVERTISING
We create a high quality ad with professional photos and post it on over 20 sites including Craigslist, Zillow, Trulia and our own EBPM website. We also post a video tour on Youtube. Then we’ll put up a yard sign, hold open houses and show by appointment. All of us at EBPM work weekends and hustle to coordinate with the busy schedules of prospective tenants.
4 THOROUGH SCREENING
- Credit score is #1… we also look at what’s behind the credit score I.E. bankruptcies, excessive debt, student loans, etc.
- Income… must be 3 times the rent verified with pay stubs
- Criminal background/sex offender screening check
- Landlord references
- Professional and personal references
With our thorough screening process, we’ve had ZERO evictions from tenants we placed in 2016, 2017 and 2018. This process allows us to offer our $2000 eviction guarantee.
5 DAY-TO-DAY MANAGEMENT
- One year lease signed with tenant, deposit and rent collected
- Perform tenant move-in/confirm tenant insurance
- We handle all maintenance calls
- We will handle any tenant interaction
- We will inspect the property annually
- Annual rent analysis and lease renewal
6 ACCURATE ACCOUNTING
- Rent is due on the first, late after the second
- We “guarantee” our owners their rent payment by the 12th of each month or our services for the month are free
- Owner statements posted and mailed monthly
- Year-end 1099 provided
WITH THESE STEPS OUR CLIENTS ENJOY PEACE OF MIND
- No initial leasing fees
- On time rents
- Eviction guarantee
- We know all fair housing laws and city ordinances
- We require proper tenant insurance
- We inspect the home annually
- 21 day rental guarantee
- Pet guarantee
- Easy exit guarantee (we work month to month with owners)